AS07A31
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS07A31

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Computer Identity Theft Statistics What Should This Mean to You

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Computer Identity Theft Statistics What Should This Mean to You Empty
PostSubject: Computer Identity Theft Statistics What Should This Mean to You   Computer Identity Theft Statistics What Should This Mean to You EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:50 pm

If you search the Internet applying phrase, 'computer identity thievery statistics, ' I believe you will be greatly surprised, and even a degree of fear. The reason; identity theft is hailed as the fastest growing crime in the usa. Caused by government banks together with some corporate industry including lost important customer personal data -- account information and credit card quantities. Recently a laptop computer was stolen in the Veterans Administration, holding 26. 5 million names along with personal private information records -- it has become an almost each day news story. Even presently, the VA has now offered these folks 'free credit monitoring on a year. ' But, will this really help?
So, as one can check out from researching computer personal information theft statistics, identity theft is no small, unimportant crime that impacts everyday people. It has been said there are about 13 cases in identity theft occurring every minute of this day, and this equates to around seven million-plus people affected year after year. Some people are claiming that figure could reach near ten million. It has also been said that the average person will experience identity burglary around seven times, in some form or another, during his/her life time.
Seemingly, the biggest problem would be to get people to take on identity theft seriously. It seems that, we as a individuals are in a mode in just going about our own business and being somewhat apathetic about events as far back as. We pay more attention to the price of gas, along with a lot of our social life, than what is taking place around you and me, especially when it comes to identity theft. I needs to admit, I too at first, had not taken the subject of identity theft very truly serious, but fortunately for everybody, something happened that caused me to change my interest, and to learned the facts about this scourge.
There is an article in typically the June 2006 issue in 'Reader's Digest' that pronounces this: 'When it comes to high-tech fraud, one of the common scams is 'phishing. ' The bad guys who do this submit bogus e-mails in expects of scaring, enticing or just tricking the naï ve into giving up personal information at counterfeit websites that resemble those of legitimate loan merchants and other commercial outfits. ' Then it goes on to say in a second section: 'Another ripe focus on for identity thieves' usage is: the wireless networks that more and more computer users are establishing at home. ' The article has way more to say on the subject of identity theft. I highly recommend you obtain a duplicate and read it.
The next question we must facial area is, do we continue to ignore the computer identification theft statistics, and go about our daily business, or do we search for ways to prevent credit theft, that is, if one can be found? Or do we obtain identity theft insurance, and just hope for the best? But, then we have got to face another question, will insurance alone provide us with the needed protection? The answer has to be, no! Of course, one could always go hire a lawyer at around $200-$400 by the hour, that is, if one has that kind of money to take. If insurance cannot protect us, and we cannot afford a high price attorney, then is there any real identity thievery protection available, one that the average person can afford? And the solution for this question is yes there is!
Back to top Go down
https://as07a31.forumotion.com

Computer Identity Theft Statistics What Should This Mean to You
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AS07A31 :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: